Is he crazy about newly launched phones, games or device? If yes, there's a high tendency that he would be a tech lover. If you don't know, gadgets do wonders in helping us to have a comfortable lifestyle and improve our personality. Can you imagine your life without those basic electronics found in most homes today? Cumbersome, right? Yes, that's what it would be.
Do you want to get access to some of the features your android phone does not have? The best way to open your android phone to new and amazing features is by performing the almost unbelievable and rooting your phone. Rooting opens your phone to some of the greatest features some android may not have. Contrary to many beliefs, you can also learn how to root android without computer and that is what we will be showing you today.
There are five ways to achieve this and each of these ways require that you pay attention. Rooting android phone is not rocket science but it is also not as easy as you might think. If anything goes wrong, it could be detrimental to your phone, and you may loose some important files. So pay close attention. We will explain every detail about rooting an android phone in order to make it more understandable for you.
Most android phones/tabs can be rooted, but technology is dynamic and it changes almost everyday so it might be difficult to root some phones than others. Some new android phones come with a different kind of security which makes it more difficult for them ton be rooted.Popular phones are easily rooted than most unpopular phones. SO if you own a phone that is not raelly popular, there might be difficulty in rooting it.
This is why there are many ways to root an android phone. We need to find the rooting method that is specific for that phone and use it for the phone otherwise it may not be rooted. However, there are some apps and software that allow you to root a
ndroid without computer and we will be revealing some of them in this post. If you still don’t know what rooting an android phone is all about, let’s quickly have a little tour on what rooting means.
What is rooting?
Rooting is a series of activities done to gain access to the operating system code of the device. In lay man’s term, rooting allows you to edit the software code of the phone’s operating system. This is what apple terms “jailbreaking”.
Now that you have basic knowledge of what rooting can do to your phone and why people root their phones, can we continue on how to root android without computer?
As we mentioned earlier, there are apps and software that can help you root an android device easily. These apps and software work for android 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 (Lollipop, Marshmallow, Nougat, Oreo and Pie). They might not work well for android 4 and below. If you have any of the six android versions mentioned and you own a popular phone, then you are in luck today.
Requirements before you can root an andorid device:
There is a checklist of things you must have done before you begin rooting your android device.
- Firstly, verify your device IMEI number
- Perform a full backup of the device that will be rooted
- enable unknown sources to download and install apps outside google play store
- Enable USB debugging
- Charge your phone to the fullest
NOTE: rooting a devices voids your phone of any warranty it may have. Use this at your own risk
Now, let us go into the five ways to root an android device.
Kingroot is an app that allow you root an android phone manually without a computer. This app is available on playstore and needs you to maintain a good internet connection during your whole rooting process. There is a Chinese and English version for this app. The English version is available for download on play store and is also free.
How to root android phone with kingroot
- Download kingroot app and install it on your device – This app will check and show you if you have access to root your phone.
- Launch King root on your phone
- Check for the start button at the end of the app. If this button displays, then it means your device is supported for rooting.
- Tap “start rooting”: The rooting process might take a few minutes to complete but you will get a pop-up showing when your device has been rooted.
- Restart your device and it will be fully rooted
If the kingroot app does not work with your phone, then you can also try the software version for computer. That is not all because there are other apps that can allow you root an android device without computer.
#2. Universal androot
Universal androot is another rooting app that can help you root android without computer. The only issue we may have with this app is that it is not as popular as the kingroot app and may not work on many devices, but you can still try your luck. This app can work with most old android versions since this app is old.
Follow the steps below to root your android manually using univesral androot app
- Download an install “Universal androot” here: You may find it difficult to access the file after download so the next thing to do is install super su from google play.
- Install and launch the app on your phone here
- Once the installation is done, open the app and tap on Install Super su from the dropdown menu at the top
- Select your android firmware version
- Check the temporary root button if you want to root your device temporarily. Your device will be unrooted once your reboot it
- Tap on the root button and wait for a few minutes for the rooting to be complete
- Rebooted your device once rooting is complete
This the most popular and also the most effective rooting device in the world. Due to google’s policies, this app is not available on playstore but there is a way to download it on your android phone and root your device with it.
- Download framaroot here
- Install the app on your mobile phone
- Launch/open the app
- Install Super SU from the dropdown menu shown
- Choose the Lord of the rings character that uses the exploit for your phone
- After that, a message will pop-up showing that you have successfully rooted your device
It is easy and straightforward
iRoot is one of the leading apps used in rooting android devices without the need of a computer. However, this method only works for only phones within android versions of 4.0 and 4.4.
- Download the iRoot app here
- Install and launch the app
- Tap the root button to begin
- Reboot your device once the process is complete
- Usually, the app restarts the phone itself but if that does not happen then you can manually reboot your phone
This app only works with HTC one M8 devices. Framaroot and unversal androot are better options for rooting your android devices without the use of a computer. This app does not perform a permanent rooting because the rooting rubs off once you restart your device. This app automatically roots your device after 30 seconds of reboot.
- Download and install weksource here
- Launch the app
- Agree to the terms and conditions displayed once the app is launched
- download super su here
- Reboot your device and wait for 30 seconds for the app to automatically root
Kingoroot is different from kingroot. Kingoroot is supposedly the fastest app that can help you root your android device in just a click. Many engineers use this particular app to root an android phone because of the ease of operation and speed. So far, it is the fastest app that can help root an android device withoit computer. The only issue you might have with this app is that it requires and internet connection to perform its function. It is free to use and download on play store.
- Download kingoroot app
- Launch the app on your android phone
- Tap on “No root”
- Wait until it reaches 100%
- Reboot your phone
#7. One Click root
One click root is another cool app for rooting an android phone in just a click. It is simple to use and has a user friendly interface. No extra knowledge is needed because this app has been designed to make every part understandable. All you need to do is follow the steps below:
- Download and install the app from this link
- Launch the app
- Click on “root device”
- Skip whatever app it asks you to install
- Click on scan now and wait for it to check if your device is rootable or not
- Tap the root button once it confirms that your phone is rootable
- If otherwise, try another app
Towelroot can be used to root android phones without the need of a computer.
- Install towelroot here
- Launch the app and tap on “Make it rain”
- Wait while SuperSu will be installed
This is a monster rooting app that makes it possible to root an android device easily with no stress and very little technical knowledge. Root master is the best app for beginners to use and you can download it here.
It is very straightforward and easy to use.
#10. Z4root app
Finally, the last app on our list is the Z4root app. You can choose to root your phone temporary, permanently or unroot a rooted phone with this app. Download z4root app here
Those are the ten best apps that allows you root an android without a computer